Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Birthstone Rings: The Perfect Gift

My sister-in-law’s birthday was coming up, and my brother was having a hard time deciding what he should get her. Normally he was pretty clever with his gifts, but this particular birthday was a milestone and he wanted something that would not just celebrate her birthday but also her life. He was stumped as to what that would be and I wasn't much help until I had to visit a jewelry store for a completely unrelated reason. While I was there I noticed a collection of birthstone rings and had an idea.



Even before I called him with my discovery, I first sat down with the jeweler to see what kind of options there would be available to him. Obviously I knew the odds of finding a ring that had all the right stones would be impossible. That was when the jeweler informed me that he could help my brother design the ring and he would create for him a custom design piece of jewelry that would be uniquely made for her. We talked about what we thought would look good and he finally settled on her stone in the middle, surrounded by four smaller stones, one for him and each of their children. He told me that when he saw the joy on her face he knew that birthstone rings make the perfect gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment